Let’s be real, when was the last time you cleaned your beauty blender properly? We all get it. We all tend to get lazy when it comes to cleaning beauty blenders and makeup brushes. Most of the time, people don’t even clean their beauty blenders (I’m definitely guilty of doing this).
Now, it’s time for me to share with you three very simple, fast and easy ways to clean your beauty blender. So keep reading and let’s get to it!
Option 1: Clean Beauty Blender With Foam Wash
Step 1: Wet your beauty blender and add a few pumps of this makeup dissolving foam wash.
Step 2: Squeeze and massage your beauty blender. You’ll be amazed at how much makeup comes out of your sponge.
Step 3: Rinse and let it sit aside.
Option 2: Clean Beauty Blender With Soap
1. Wet your sponge.
Squeeze your beauty blender under running water until it expands and is completely soaked.
2. Add Soap.
Directly squirt some liquid soap onto the sponge and begin massaging and pressing it into the palm of your wet hand.
3. Squeeze, massage & rinse.
Squeeze the sponge under running water until the water runs clear.
4. Let it dry.
Then, set it aside to dry for a couple of minutes and then you’re all set to use it.
Beauty Blender Cleansers
Beauty Blender Cleanser | $18.00
Johnson’s Baby Shampoo | $4.97
Option 3: Cleaning Beauty Blender In A Microwave
1. For this method, you will need a large bowl, mild soap, water, microwave and of course your beauty blender.
2. In a large bowl, mix a few squirts of mild soap with water. You should have just enough water to cover the sponge but not so much that it overflows).
3. Before you toss your beauty blender into the microwave, you must wet it first under running water and give it a few squeezes. Then, toss it into the bowl that contains your soapy mixture.
4. You should microwave the cup for about a minute and wait for about 20 seconds before you take it out of the microwave.
5. After you’ve waited for about 20 seconds for your sponge to cool down. Give it a few squeezes and massage your beauty blender.
6. Once you believe that all the makeup is out of your sponge, squeeze it once more under cold running water.
7. Let it set aside for a couple of minutes. You now have a beautiful looking sponge.
By washing your makeup supplies every day or at least every other day can help you stay away from breaking out. So, do yourself a favour and wash your makeup supplies before you use them on your face.
Which method would you choose? Please share in the comments section below. I would love to read your opinions! 🙂 HAPPY BLENDING!